Free* Wireless Carbon Monoxide Detector with a monitored Home Safety System from DGB, 2 year contract.
Carbon monoxide alarm will now be required near all sleeping areas in residential homes and in the service rooms, and adjacent sleeping areas in multi-residential units. Carbon monoxide alarms can be hardwired, battery-operated or plugged into the wall.
Testing and maintenance requirements that apply to smoke alarm now apply to CO alarms
Under the Fire Code amendments, CO alarms will be required in existing residential occupancies, where:
- Single dwelling homes (e.g., privately owned homes) have an attached storage garage and/or a fuel burning appliance.
- CO alarms will be required only near sleeping areas of these occupancies and not throughout the entire home.
- Multi-unit buildings (e.g., apartment buildings or condominium buildings, hotels, etc.) have an attached storage garage and/or a fuel burning appliance/service room. Within these buildings, CO alarms will only be required:
- Near sleeping areas of suites that contain a fuel burning appliance within the suite.
- Near sleeping areas of suites that are adjacent to a storage garage and/or service room
with a fuel burning appliance.
For more information about the Ontario Regulation 194/14, visit http://www.e-laws.gov.on.ca/html/source/regs/english/2014/elaws_src_regs_r14194_e.htm or http://www.oafc.on.ca/carbon-monoxide#sthash.tp2Vh63F.dpuf
*Must sign a minimum 2 year contract to qualify.